Monday, March 8, 2010

Data entry tally - March 2010

A quick update on data entry, because I said I would.

I had 190 electronic documents to deal with on 5 Feb 2010. I said I would consider the month a success in data entry terms if I didn't add to the count, and preferably cleared at least 5 files.

So how did I do?

Fail! 

On 1 March 2010 I had 198 electronic files outstanding, an increase of 8. This was a surprise, as I put a lot of time and effort into entering data this month! My database had 42 sources and 520 source citations with a change date between 5 Feb and 1 March. The majority of the 'changed' sources were new.

I blame the National Library's online newspapers!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing rather well, relatively speaking. My database is an assorted collection of paper middens, word documents and a maze of folders full of further documents. But, at least I know where it all is!! I have started to make an effort to enter my sources into Family Tree Maker, but I'm well behind the 8-ball.

    ReplyDelete