Blog post

Monday, August 31, 2015

Waiting for the Mail

The Avoca Mail (Avoca, Victoria), that is. I am particularly interested in this newspaper as I hope it will mention the death of James Bennett (1831-?) which has for many years eluded me. Ghost articles have appeared on Trove with tantalising abstracts that I can’t click and read in full because they haven’t passed QA yet. It feels like weeks since I found them and entered my email address to receive a notice when each one becomes available. In reality, it has only been a few days. I may download most of my information these days, but I still get to experience waiting for the Mail!

Edited to add:

Oh my. I think I just found him. A memorial article in the Age newspaper. More when I can confirm, but it looks good!

No comments:

Post a Comment