Blog post

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Reminder: Australia Day posts (you don't have to be Australian to join in!)

I recently issued an invitation/challenge to bloggers to submit a post for Australia Day (26 Jan) based on the earliest piece of documentation they have about an ancestor or relative in Australia. Details are in an earlier post.


The invitation is not just for Australians! 

Anyone is welcome to join in. The only condition is that you need to have at least one piece of documentation about an ancestor (or relative) in Australia. Once you've posted, send me an email (see my About me page for the address) with the URL and a short paragraph describing your post. I'll aggregate the responses and post the collection. 

Australia Day is on this coming Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to reading your posts. I'd better get on with writing mine!


9 comments:

  1. Shelley,
    This is first on my list of tasks for tomorrow.
    Look forward to reading the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelley,
    Can we use the 'Australia Day 2011' graphic you used here on posts on Australia day? It looks very effective!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aillin,
    Anyone participating is very welcome to use the graphic on their post. I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shelley, preparing my blog post for tomorrow and will use the graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever way to celebrate January 26th! I have written about my earliest Australian document, and the people concerned, in my UK/Australia blog. And thanks for allowing us to use the graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have written about of my Australian links and used the graphic(thanks!)
    http://anglersrest.blogspot.com/2011/01/ancestor-of-week-george-bridges.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is inspiring! I'm new to blogging and you've got me back at my keyboard.

    My earliest document is the record of Nicholas Delaney's trial for double murder in Co Wicklow in 1798. He was lucky (and so am I) - he wasn't hung, but transported to NSW in 1802. I'll let you know when it's done.

    Thanks, Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is inspiring! I'm new to blogging and you've got me back at my keyboard.

    My earliest document is the record of Nicholas Delaney's trial for double murder in Co Wicklow in 1798. He was lucky (and so am I) - he wasn't hung, but transported to NSW in 1802. I'll let you know when it's done.

    Thanks, Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelley,
    This is first on my list of tasks for tomorrow.
    Look forward to reading the posts.

    ReplyDelete