Blog post

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Waiting, impatiently

Lately, I've been an internet-only genealogist. Although there is more and more available online every day, there comes a point when something that you just must have is not available for instant download. So, I am waiting for several items that can't be downloaded on the spot:
  • my first ever FHL film
  • my 23andMe DNA results
  • a test kit from FamilyTreeDNA
    I haven't mentioned this in a post before. It's a belated Christmas gift to myself. I've become a DNA junkie before my first results are even back. 
  • a chance to go to the post office: I need an international money order for an English probate package, which I will post to England, and then wait the estimated three weeks plus return post time to get the document that confirms who my GGG grandfather is (of course it will!) back to me. 
There are a few other things that I want to order from various places, but I'm pacing myself. I don't want everything to come at once - bills for my purchases included.

It's like being a kid waiting for Christmas day!

3 comments:

  1. I'm just catching up and I must have missed this post. It made me laugh!!! I've just sent back my uncle's FamilyTreeDNA sample, and I'm also waiting for my 23andMe results as well. I've already had a request to share on 23andMe.

    Waiting, waiting, waiting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see genealogists to get off the internet and enjoy the variety of resources genealogy research gives up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just catching up and I must have missed this post. It made me laugh!!! I've just sent back my uncle's FamilyTreeDNA sample, and I'm also waiting for my 23andMe results as well. I've already had a request to share on 23andMe.

    Waiting, waiting, waiting....

    ReplyDelete