I’ve been a bit quiet on the blog lately. Behind the scenes, I’ve been steadily plodding away.
- I have now had two cousins who found me through my online tree at www.twigsofyore.com and have been trying to fill in a bit of detail about their branches. I still have more conversations to have with them.
- I’ve been sending off contact invitations to other 23andMe members. I find that I get 1-2 responses per batch of 5 invitations. We exchange a few messages but so far I have not worked out my connection with anyone. One day it will happen.
- I’m taking 2 courses of genealogy study at the moment and have fallen a little behind in the coursework due to a few family commitments that came up.
So between data entry, writing to other researchers and writing up the weekly assignment answers I’ve been feeling all written out. Actually, I started writing any number of blog posts but never quite had the energy to finish them.
Subjects that I only got half way through writing about include:
- How my grandmother knew all the questions on a particular topic, when we played Trivial Pursuit with her.
- Tips for making great cousin connections on Ancestry.
- My life in the cloud and across the galaxy – how I’ve set up my new Galaxy tab with particular reference to cloud computing services.
- School – then and now.
Any preferences for which should I finish writing first?