Blog post

Friday, July 20, 2012

FindMyPast.com World Subscription Offer

Earlier today I read on Dick Eastman’s newsletter that a beta version of FindMyPast’s international records site was now available, and offering an introductory World subscription at just $4.95 US per month.

I found that I was able to log into FindMyPast.com’s site using my Australian site (FindMyPast.com.au) credentials, and to apply the remainder of my .com.au subscription to purchase of the World subscription.

The end result is that I now have a one year World subscription for only $25 out of my pocket. That’s a pretty good discount, considering that purchase of a World subscription via the Australian site would have been $224.96 less my existing credit (a bit under $200 out of my pocket).

11 comments:

  1. Oh no...think I made a big mistake :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind, I'll know to look a little harder before I make my next subscription decision :) Thanks for helping us know about the bargain Shelley.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I'll see if it works for my fmp uk sub.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shelley, going to look at that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All signed up. My FMP UK credentials didn't work and I couldn't get a credit but I signed up anyway - was only $US59.40 and it didn't really cost me anything as I used my birthday money from Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Shelley, I'll be heading over there now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't sign in with any of my existing accounts (Australian, Irish or UK) so I signed up again from scratch, but since I was considering signing up from Australia for $250 anyway I'm still way ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm guessing that I stumbled onto a loophole before they realised and closed it. At any rate, $60 is still a great deal so I'm glad a few of us have been able to take advantage of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Managed to sign in using my Australian account which I purchased this week for 6 months. So I've managed a world year subscription for $21 extra.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great! I'm glad you were able to get the bargain. It looks like it's still worth a try then.

    ReplyDelete