Blog post

Friday, June 18, 2010

First known burial in Oakleigh General Cemetery

I just found out that a plaque has been placed, commemorating the first known burial in Oakleigh General Cemetery. The person named, Christina Couper, was seven years old when she died in 1860, and happens to be my great-grand-aunt. Here's the media release. The release also mentions a booklet about the cemetery.

I've previously posted some pictures of the memorial park, on a Tombstone Tuesday post for Christina's nephew who was tragically killed when his horse bolted.


So, there are a few more to-do items for me. Get a photo of the plaque, and get a copy of that booklet!


I found the post when I was testing out search terms to set up a few more Google alerts. Looks like that search worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment